Federer asks Hingis about Olympic mixed doubles
Mason (Ohio): Roger Federer has approached Martina Hingis about playing mixed doubles together for Switzerland at next year`s Olympics.
Federer says he has not personally spoken to Hingis about coming out of retirement, but one of his representatives has contacted the 30-year-old star.
Hingis, a former No. 1 player, has won five Grand Slam tournaments and retired in 2007.
Mixed doubles has been added to the London Games.
Federer said if he played with anyone he wanted it to be Hingis because she`s an "amazing player."
He has practiced with her and played with her at the Hopman Cup. Federer is playing at the Western & Southern Open, a tune-up for the U.S. Open that begins Aug. 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal