Federer asks Hingis about Olympic mixed doubles
Mason (Ohio): Roger Federer has approached Martina Hingis about playing mixed doubles together for Switzerland at next year`s Olympics.
Federer says he has not personally spoken to Hingis about coming out of retirement, but one of his representatives has contacted the 30-year-old star.
Hingis, a former No. 1 player, has won five Grand Slam tournaments and retired in 2007.
Mixed doubles has been added to the London Games.
Federer said if he played with anyone he wanted it to be Hingis because she`s an "amazing player."
He has practiced with her and played with her at the Hopman Cup. Federer is playing at the Western & Southern Open, a tune-up for the U.S. Open that begins Aug. 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje