Few takers for US visa this year; only two-third used so far
Ahmedabad: With downturn gripping the US,
the takers for H-1 US visa has come down this year as two
third of the sanctioned visas have been used in last three to
four months, US Consulate Chief said here on Monday.
"With downturn and recession, the visas are not being
used as quickly as they were used last year. Last year, they
were all taken up within 3 to 4 months and this year only two
third of the visas have been used within the same period,"
Acting Consul General David Tylor told a news agency.
"A total of 65,000 H-1 Visa (working Visa) were issued
worldwide by the US and we have used 40,000 to 45,000 Visa so
far. On an average, we get 1,000 visa applications in all
categories," Tylor said.
India is the biggest user of H-1 Visa and probably half
the H-1 Visa applications are from this country, Tylor said
adding "in the US, hi-tech sector such as computer, software
industry continues to attract maximum professionals from
He was here to celebreate fifth anniversary of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview