Final voter list for Rajasthan assembly polls by Sept 29
Jaipur, Sept 03: The final voter list with electoral
photo-ID cards for the forthcoming assembly elections in
Rajasthan would be out by September 29.
Till June 30, there were over 3.52 crore voters listed in
the State Election Commission's record and the number would go
up as the new enrollment process would continue till September
end, Chief Electoral Officer Vinod Jutshi told reporters
Though the process of enrolling voters would continue
till the last date of filing nominations by the candidates,
the election dates are yet to be announced by the Chief
Election Commission in Delhi, he said.
Voters should have photo-ID cards at the time of polling
and his/her name should resemble the voter list available in
the booth, he said.
Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) would be battery operated
and the district returning officer would randomly change the
code word to ensure free and fair poll, he said.
The state election office has also deployed five
observers since August 15 to visit all major constituencies to
verify the process of electoral list making, he said, adding
they would continue their vigil till the polls are over.
The district collectors have been asked to inform about
the vulnerable and sensitive seats going for polls after
consultation with the SPs, he said.
About 79 per cent of voters have got their photo-Id
cards, while remaining would be provided on the eve of polls,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what