Final voter list for Rajasthan assembly polls by Sept 29
Jaipur, Sept 03: The final voter list with electoral
photo-ID cards for the forthcoming assembly elections in
Rajasthan would be out by September 29.
Till June 30, there were over 3.52 crore voters listed in
the State Election Commission's record and the number would go
up as the new enrollment process would continue till September
end, Chief Electoral Officer Vinod Jutshi told reporters
Though the process of enrolling voters would continue
till the last date of filing nominations by the candidates,
the election dates are yet to be announced by the Chief
Election Commission in Delhi, he said.
Voters should have photo-ID cards at the time of polling
and his/her name should resemble the voter list available in
the booth, he said.
Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) would be battery operated
and the district returning officer would randomly change the
code word to ensure free and fair poll, he said.
The state election office has also deployed five
observers since August 15 to visit all major constituencies to
verify the process of electoral list making, he said, adding
they would continue their vigil till the polls are over.
The district collectors have been asked to inform about
the vulnerable and sensitive seats going for polls after
consultation with the SPs, he said.
About 79 per cent of voters have got their photo-Id
cards, while remaining would be provided on the eve of polls,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof