Former champ Boonen pulls out of Tour de France
Chateauroux (France): Former world champion Tom Boonen has pulled out of the Tour de France during Friday`s seventh stage after failing to recover from the injuries he sustained on Wednesday.
The Belgian, who became world champion in 2005, got off his bike and went into his Quick Step team car with 127 kilometres left in the 218-kms ride from Le Mans.
Boonen, who won the green jersey for the best sprinter in 2007, was one of several big names to crash on Wednesday, when he finished over 13 minutes off the pace after battling throught the pain barrier to reach the line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says