Former champ Boonen pulls out of Tour de France
Chateauroux (France): Former world champion Tom Boonen has pulled out of the Tour de France during Friday`s seventh stage after failing to recover from the injuries he sustained on Wednesday.
The Belgian, who became world champion in 2005, got off his bike and went into his Quick Step team car with 127 kilometres left in the 218-kms ride from Le Mans.
Boonen, who won the green jersey for the best sprinter in 2007, was one of several big names to crash on Wednesday, when he finished over 13 minutes off the pace after battling throught the pain barrier to reach the line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA