Former champ Boonen pulls out of Tour de France
Chateauroux (France): Former world champion Tom Boonen has pulled out of the Tour de France during Friday`s seventh stage after failing to recover from the injuries he sustained on Wednesday.
The Belgian, who became world champion in 2005, got off his bike and went into his Quick Step team car with 127 kilometres left in the 218-kms ride from Le Mans.
Boonen, who won the green jersey for the best sprinter in 2007, was one of several big names to crash on Wednesday, when he finished over 13 minutes off the pace after battling throught the pain barrier to reach the line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?