Former champ Boonen pulls out of Tour de France
Chateauroux (France): Former world champion Tom Boonen has pulled out of the Tour de France during Friday`s seventh stage after failing to recover from the injuries he sustained on Wednesday.
The Belgian, who became world champion in 2005, got off his bike and went into his Quick Step team car with 127 kilometres left in the 218-kms ride from Le Mans.
Boonen, who won the green jersey for the best sprinter in 2007, was one of several big names to crash on Wednesday, when he finished over 13 minutes off the pace after battling throught the pain barrier to reach the line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender