Four PWD engineers suspended, probe committee formed
Kolkata: Four PWD engineers were today
suspended and an inquiry committee formed to go into the
failure of the new sound system in the West Bengal Assembly
that led to an adjournment for 10 days on December 1.
The suspended engineers included Executive Engineer
Niranjan Das, Assistant Executive engineer Debasish Pal and
Sub-Assistant Engineer, Krishnapada Ghosh.
The inquiry committee, headed by PWD Chief Engineer
Swapan Das, has been asked to submit a report in 15 days, PWD
minister Kshiti Goswami told reporters here.
The committee would verify if the agency selection was
proper, those present at the time of taking charge and
software loading, besides equipment handover and whether the
microphones of the Speaker and MLAs were checked, he said.
The government summoned the CEO of the German company
BOSCH, entrusted with the installation of the new sound
system, Goswami said. BOSCH had sent experts from its
Bangalore office to check the sound system.
The minister, whose department was in-charge to set up
the new sound system had earlier threatened to scrap the
contract with BOSCH if the problem was not rectified within 10
Goswami said that Speaker H A Halim had informed him
about calling a meeting on December 8 with some ministers and
MLAs on the possible date of reconvening of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed