French nationals participate in Presidential poll
Puducherry: French nationals coming under the jurisdiction of the French Consul General in Puducherry exercised their franchise at the second round of French presidential polls held simultaneously along with their country on Sunday.
Men and women voters turned up at the booths for the polls in which incumbent President Nicolas Sarkozy and his socialist party rival Francois Hollande are in the fray.
The first round of the French presidential poll was held on April 22.
Special arrangements were made to enable the aged, sickly and infirm voters to reach the booths on priority and exercise their franchise.
French authorities set up booths in the premises of the French Consul General office, French Institute of Puducherry and Lycee Francais, a higher secondary school run by the French government.
An estimated 5500 French nationals coming under the jurisdiction of French consul general office had the right to vote.
Puducherry is a former French colony and has a sizeable number of French nationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie