French nationals participate in Presidential poll
Puducherry: French nationals coming under the jurisdiction of the French Consul General in Puducherry exercised their franchise at the second round of French presidential polls held simultaneously along with their country on Sunday.
Men and women voters turned up at the booths for the polls in which incumbent President Nicolas Sarkozy and his socialist party rival Francois Hollande are in the fray.
The first round of the French presidential poll was held on April 22.
Special arrangements were made to enable the aged, sickly and infirm voters to reach the booths on priority and exercise their franchise.
French authorities set up booths in the premises of the French Consul General office, French Institute of Puducherry and Lycee Francais, a higher secondary school run by the French government.
An estimated 5500 French nationals coming under the jurisdiction of French consul general office had the right to vote.
Puducherry is a former French colony and has a sizeable number of French nationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price