French nationals participate in Presidential poll
Puducherry: French nationals coming under the jurisdiction of the French Consul General in Puducherry exercised their franchise at the second round of French presidential polls held simultaneously along with their country on Sunday.
Men and women voters turned up at the booths for the polls in which incumbent President Nicolas Sarkozy and his socialist party rival Francois Hollande are in the fray.
The first round of the French presidential poll was held on April 22.
Special arrangements were made to enable the aged, sickly and infirm voters to reach the booths on priority and exercise their franchise.
French authorities set up booths in the premises of the French Consul General office, French Institute of Puducherry and Lycee Francais, a higher secondary school run by the French government.
An estimated 5500 French nationals coming under the jurisdiction of French consul general office had the right to vote.
Puducherry is a former French colony and has a sizeable number of French nationals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed