Gaganjeet, Sujjan sure of making cut in Indonesia
Jakarta: At least three Indians, including Gaganjeet Bhullar were assured of making the cut while the fate of three others hung in balance as the second day of the Indonesian Masters was cut short by threats of lightning on Friday.
Bhullar, the only Indian still sub-par after two rounds, had a second round of 72 to be tied 32nd with total of one-under 143 while Sujjan Singh added a 73 to his first round 72 to be one-over for 36 holes in tied 42nd place.
Digvijay Singh (73-73) looked likely to make the weekend rounds at tied 62nd. The top 65 play the last two rounds.
Malaysia`s Shaaban Hussin (nine-under 135) took the surprise clubhouse lead, without hitting a single par in his first nine holes today.
The Malaysian posted a five-under-par 67 where he mixed his card with six birdies against three bogeys in the first nine at the Royale Jakarta Golf Club.
Amandeep Johl was even par through 14 holes and two-over for the tournament, but he was right on the expected cut line of two-over. Just one below the cut line at three-over 147 was Manav Jaini (74-73) and Anirban Lahiri made a good recovery
with a 71 after first round 76.
However Himmat Rai (76-72), Vikrant Chopra (73-75), Firoz Ali (72-80), Gaurav Ghei (12 over with two holes to play), Jyoti Randhawa (77-80) were unlikely to make the cut.
Shaaban`s two-day total of nine-under-par 135 equalled his best two-day score at the 2009 Brunei Open.
Thailand`s Pariya Junhasavasdikul shot the best round of the week so far with a superb 65 to share second place with countryman Kiradech Aphibarnrat in the USD 750,000 showpiece.
Shaaban, a former Malaysian amateur number one, earned his Asian Tour card in 2010 but struggled with consistency where he only posted one top-10 in Cambodia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly