`Gambhir` threat for Viru leaves DDCA reeling
New Delhi: In a major shock to the Delhi Ranji cricket team, star batsman Gautam Gambhir threatened to leave the team, in support to Virender Sehwag’s stand on the issue of selection in the DDCA.
Gambhir told reporters, “If things don’t change, I won’t hesitate to move out.” The warning came after skipper Viru had threatened to leave the Delhi Ranji team and play for Haryana if the selection policy of the DDCA was not made transparent. He also alleged corruption against some of the high officials of the state body.
His fellow Team India, Delhi Daredevils and Ranji opener Gambhir too echoed the same point and said, “There is a need to bring about transparency into the selection process.”
This came after DDCA secretary Sunil Dev reacted to Sehwag’s allegations on Monday, asking the cricketer to concentrate on his job. “We have given Sehwag all he wanted and it is not his business to comment on the happenings of association. If he wants to get involved in DDCA matters then he must quit the game first.”
“As a captain of the Delhi Ranji Team we have always considered his views and often respected it. As a player he should not speak to media."
Dev said it was unfair for Sehwag to use words like "corruption" against the DDCA and said the allegations were totally baseless.
"What have we not done for Sehwag? We have always looked after his needs when he was the Delhi captain. Let him come back, we will know what he has in mind", Dev said.
The latest development in the controversy might stir up a more direct intervention from the BCCI.
A meeting between DDCA chief Arun Jaitley and Virender Sehwag is scheduled for later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’