Ganesh idol immersion concludes in Pune
Pune: The procession for the immersion of
Lord Ganesha`s idols which started on Anant Chaturdashi, ended
peacefully today as hundreds of idols installed at various
places were immersed in river Mutha here.
It rained when the procession was its way through the
arterial Laxmi road with decorated statues inching towards the
The famous `Dagdusheth Ganesh` idol which traditionally
draws large crowds was immersed in the early morning among
chants of `Ganapati Bappa Moraya`.
However, the shadow of Swine flu pandemic loomed large as
less people turned up to watch the procession which usually
attracts thousands of revellers.
It was a relatively subdued celebration in which
vermilion (Gulal) was also not used in order to avoid any
possible allergic reaction as advised by the district
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past