Goa BJP legislator resigns, may join Congress
Panaji: BJP legislator Vijay Pai Khot on Friday tendered his resignation ahead of the March 3 Assembly polls in Goa.
The MLA from Canacona submitted his resignation to Assembly Speaker Pratap Singh Rane.
With this, the number of legislators who have resigned in the last two months has gone up to four.
BJP legislators Rajesh Patnekar and Dayanand Sopte had resigned last month and joined the ruling Congress. Former minister Fransisco Miccky Pacheco had quit NCP to join Goa Vikas Party.
Khot said he is yet to decide his future political course of action. But sources said Khot is likely to join Congress and contest from Canacona constituency, from where he has been denied ticket by the BJP.
BJP has already announced its candidate from Canacona, from where it has fielded Ramesh Tawadkar, a tribe leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH