Goa BJP legislator resigns, may join Congress
Panaji: BJP legislator Vijay Pai Khot on Friday tendered his resignation ahead of the March 3 Assembly polls in Goa.
The MLA from Canacona submitted his resignation to Assembly Speaker Pratap Singh Rane.
With this, the number of legislators who have resigned in the last two months has gone up to four.
BJP legislators Rajesh Patnekar and Dayanand Sopte had resigned last month and joined the ruling Congress. Former minister Fransisco Miccky Pacheco had quit NCP to join Goa Vikas Party.
Khot said he is yet to decide his future political course of action. But sources said Khot is likely to join Congress and contest from Canacona constituency, from where he has been denied ticket by the BJP.
BJP has already announced its candidate from Canacona, from where it has fielded Ramesh Tawadkar, a tribe leader.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India