Godmother`s son Jadeja handed over to Rajkot CID crime
Rajkot: Kandhal Jadeja, son of former
independent MLA Santokben Jadeja alias `Godmother`, was on Monday
handed over to Rajkot CID crime here and is likely to be
produced before a local court, police said.
Kandhal was arrested by Porbander crime branch along with
his aide Raja Gado from Negri town near Pune on July 25.
He is facing several charges against him, including
murder of BJP councillor Keshu Nebha Odedara, who was shot
dead on March 1, 2005 allegedly by him and his brother Kano,
police said, adding, Kano is still at large.
Kandhal had managed to escape from police custody while
he was admitted in Shivani hospital here for treatment.
10 persons, including a doctor, were arrested after
Kandhal escaped from the hospital in 2007, police said.
Four policemen identified as Suresh Sonara, Vitthal
Jadav, Dilipsinh Rajpur and Pravin Gohel were also arrested
and later suspended for negligence on duty, they said.
Kandhal used to operate a transport business from Negri
town and the police have recovered Rs 1.5 lakh cash and number
of mobile phones from him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living