Godmother`s son Jadeja handed over to Rajkot CID crime
Rajkot: Kandhal Jadeja, son of former
independent MLA Santokben Jadeja alias `Godmother`, was on Monday
handed over to Rajkot CID crime here and is likely to be
produced before a local court, police said.
Kandhal was arrested by Porbander crime branch along with
his aide Raja Gado from Negri town near Pune on July 25.
He is facing several charges against him, including
murder of BJP councillor Keshu Nebha Odedara, who was shot
dead on March 1, 2005 allegedly by him and his brother Kano,
police said, adding, Kano is still at large.
Kandhal had managed to escape from police custody while
he was admitted in Shivani hospital here for treatment.
10 persons, including a doctor, were arrested after
Kandhal escaped from the hospital in 2007, police said.
Four policemen identified as Suresh Sonara, Vitthal
Jadav, Dilipsinh Rajpur and Pravin Gohel were also arrested
and later suspended for negligence on duty, they said.
Kandhal used to operate a transport business from Negri
town and the police have recovered Rs 1.5 lakh cash and number
of mobile phones from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons