Gold decline on weak global cues on Dhanteras
New Delhi: Gold futures prices declined by 0.47 per cent Thursday as traders indulged in reducing their positions influenced by a weakening global trend amid profit selling at higher levels.
Gold for far-month February contract fell by 0.47 per cent to Rs 15,855 per ten gram with business turnover in 152 lots.
Similarly, the metal for delivery in December contract moved down by 0.45 per cent to Rs 15,850 per ten gram in 4,181 lots.
Fall in gold prices was mostly attributed to weakening global trend, traders said.
Meanwhile, gold shed 0.30 cent at 1063.80 dollar an ounce in New York last night, after hitting a record high levels at 1073 dollar.
Traders said profit booking at existing higher levels also influenced the trading sentiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch