Gold decline on weak global cues on Dhanteras
New Delhi: Gold futures prices declined by 0.47 per cent Thursday as traders indulged in reducing their positions influenced by a weakening global trend amid profit selling at higher levels.
Gold for far-month February contract fell by 0.47 per cent to Rs 15,855 per ten gram with business turnover in 152 lots.
Similarly, the metal for delivery in December contract moved down by 0.45 per cent to Rs 15,850 per ten gram in 4,181 lots.
Fall in gold prices was mostly attributed to weakening global trend, traders said.
Meanwhile, gold shed 0.30 cent at 1063.80 dollar an ounce in New York last night, after hitting a record high levels at 1073 dollar.
Traders said profit booking at existing higher levels also influenced the trading sentiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!