Gujarat Assembly Polls 2012: Cong`s Rajyaguru richest candidate in Rajkot
Rajkot: Congress candidate Indranil Rajyaguru is the richest candidate in the fray in Rajkot-1 constituency having assets worth over Rs 123 crores.
Rajyaguru, who is contesting the assembly election against BJP candidate Kashyap Shukla, on Saturday filed his nomination form in which he claimed to have the assets worth crores.
This included agriculture land worth about Rs 56 crores, Fixed Deposit of Rs 23 lakh, shares worth over Rs 16 lakh, vehicles worth over Rs 1 crores and jewellery of about Rs 34 lakh.
Rajyaguru also owns non-agriculture land worth Rs 29 crores and land of around Rs 15 crores earmarked for commercial purpose and another parcel of land marked for housing worth Rs 16 crores, according to the filing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him