Gujarat people should ensure victory of BJP`s development politics: Gadkari
Surat: Showering praises on Gujarat`s development model, BJP national president Nitin Gadkari on Monday said the people of the state should ensure the victory of "development politics" in the Assembly elections.
"The development of Gujarat is famous world over. People should vote for BJP and ensure development politics wins," he said, addressing an election rally here.
Gujarat has made tremendous development in all the sectors including the industrial as well as agricultural, Gadkari, who is facing charges of corruption, said.
"BJP has cared for all the sections of the society. Under the BJP regime in the state, Gujarat has achieved huge agricultural development," he said.
Taking a dig at the Congress-led UPA government for ordering CBI probe against "honest" police officers in Gujarat and sending them behind bars in connection with the encounter cases in Gujarat, Gadkari said, "In Maharashtra, many police encounters have taken place. But, the Union Government has not ordered a probe, because Congress is in power in Maharashtra."
"However, when terrorists are gunned down in Gujarat, CBI investigation is ordered against honest police officers," he added.
Gadkari said that all the Congress leaders, from Jawaharlal Nehru to Indira Gandhi and from Rajiv Gandhi to Sonia Gandhi, had given the slogan of "Garibi Hatao", but had been unable to deliver on their promises.
The BJP leader claimed that during former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s regime, the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), agricultural growth and Human Development Index (HDI) was the highest in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings