Gujarat polls: Anti-Modi ads appear on eve of phase II
Ahmedabad, Dec 15: On the eve of the crucial second phase of Assembly elections in Gujarat, advertisements carrying semi-naked pictures of women dancing during last year's Vibrant Gujarat summit have appeared in some local dailies here.
The advertisements published in colour by Sardar Seva Utakarsh Samiti criticises the BJP government in the state, which had sponsored the event.
"This is Modi's culture", stated the advertisement which shows five photographs of semi-nude women dancers of foreign origin performing during Vibrant Gujarat summit -- Chief Minister Narendra Modi's pet bi-annual project (organised to woo investors to the state) which coincided with last year's Navrati festival.
"For Hindu society, Navratri means devotion to the Mother Goddess... homage to women power... It is Gujarat's pride and Gujarat's cultural festival," the advertisement said.
"On the other side, naked song and dance is Modi's culture. It is an insult to Mother Goddess and an insult to Gujarat," it said.
The advertisement asks the electorates not to vote for Modi who depicts women in this manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured