Harpreet Singh wins Mumbai-Pune cycling race
Mumbai: Harpreet Singh of Central Railway won the 50th edition of the Mumbai-Pune cycling race on Sunday.
Singh completed the 156-km race in three hours, 43 minutes and 35.32 seconds to pocket a prize money of Rs 61,000.
He was followed by Paramjeet Singh, Gurmeet Singh (both from Army) and Amandeep Singh (Patiala).
A total of 191 cyclists including participants from Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Central Railway, South Central Railway, Army, Punjab, Jharkhand, UP, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh took part in the event.
The annual event, held on the occasion of the 70th birthday of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, was organised by the Baramati Mitra Mandal and Maharashtra Cycling Association.
The total cash prize money for this year`s competition was Rs 6,50,000, with Rs 3,03,000 distributed among the first 10 cyclists who crossed the finishing line.
The race was flagged off from the Gateway of India, but the competitive race began from R K Studio in suburban Chembur at 8 am and ended at Sambhaji Garden in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!