High alert in UP; security along Indo-Nepal border
Bahraich: Tight security arrangements have
been made along the Indo-Nepal border after a high alert was
sounded in the state following the serial blasts in Mumbai, a
senior SSB official said.
"All the border outposts (BOPs) have been kept on high
alert. Patrolling in sensitive border areas has been increased
to check anti-national elements," the official said today.
An alert has already been sounded in the state by UP
police following yesterday`s synchronised blasts in Mumbai,
which killed 21 persons and left 141 others injured.
All district police chiefs have been asked to maintain
strict vigil in crowded places, including railway stations,
markets and malls and carry out intensive searches, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress