Huawei to invest $500million in R&D; to hire 3000 professionals
New Delhi: Eyeing a bigger share in the
growing mobile market, Chinese vendor Huawei today announced an investment of USD 500 million (over Rs 2,300 crore) in its R&D centre here over the next five years.
"We will invest 500 million dollar in our R&D centre at Bangalore in the next five years which will mostly go into increasing the headcount from the current 2,000 to 5,000 in the same period," Huawei Technologies CEO Max Yang told in an interview.
He said the company would undertake R&D in next Generation technologies and GSM networks.
Bangalore centre is the largest R&D centre of Huawei outside Shenzen, in China.
The 30-billion dollar Chinese vendor, which has been under security scanner repeatedly has completed 10 years in India.
"India is a price-sensitive market. We are here for a long haul. As new operators start operations and existing ones expand we see more demand," Yang said.
With equipment costs coming down, Huawei India is expecting a flat revenue growth this year which it says could be in the range of one billion dollar.
"Last year we had a revenue of one billion dollar. In 2010, we expect the same figure," Yang said.
Huawei, Yang said is aiming to set up local manufacturing in India and would be happy to bid for the manufacturing units of the state-owned Indian Telephone Industries. The government is proposing to set up three special purpose vehicle companies for divesting stake in three of the six manufacturing plants owned by ITI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!