I did not think twice about joining Barca, says Adriano
Barcelona: Newly recruited Barcelona utility player Adriano Correia said Monday he did not hesitate when the Spanish champions offered to sign him from La Liga rivals Sevilla.
“I was very excited. I didn’t think twice about it and now I’m really pleased to have the chance to defend the Barca colours. This was something I couldn’t let pass by,” he said during his official presentation.
“I’m very happy. I have worked hard to achieve this,” the 25-year-old Brazilian added.
Barcelona completed the signing of Adriano, who can play at full-back or as a wide midfielder, on a four-year deal on Saturday after the player passed his medical tests.
The Catalan side will pay Sevilla 9.5 million euros for the 25-year-old, plus another four million euros depending on results.
The champions also have an option to extend the deal by another year.
“I’m comfortable playing in any of the four positions out wide. This is the best team in the world and I’m going to give everything for this club,” said Adriano.
Adriano had been at Sevilla since 2004, twice tasting success in both the King’s Cup (2007, 2010) and the UEFA Cup (2006, 2007).
He is the first player to move to Barcelona since the arrival of new club president Sandro Rosell at the beginning of July.
Barca have already completed the signing of Spanish international striker David Villa, who arrived from Valencia for a fee close to 40 million euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read