I did not think twice about joining Barca, says Adriano
Barcelona: Newly recruited Barcelona utility player Adriano Correia said Monday he did not hesitate when the Spanish champions offered to sign him from La Liga rivals Sevilla.
“I was very excited. I didn’t think twice about it and now I’m really pleased to have the chance to defend the Barca colours. This was something I couldn’t let pass by,” he said during his official presentation.
“I’m very happy. I have worked hard to achieve this,” the 25-year-old Brazilian added.
Barcelona completed the signing of Adriano, who can play at full-back or as a wide midfielder, on a four-year deal on Saturday after the player passed his medical tests.
The Catalan side will pay Sevilla 9.5 million euros for the 25-year-old, plus another four million euros depending on results.
The champions also have an option to extend the deal by another year.
“I’m comfortable playing in any of the four positions out wide. This is the best team in the world and I’m going to give everything for this club,” said Adriano.
Adriano had been at Sevilla since 2004, twice tasting success in both the King’s Cup (2007, 2010) and the UEFA Cup (2006, 2007).
He is the first player to move to Barcelona since the arrival of new club president Sandro Rosell at the beginning of July.
Barca have already completed the signing of Spanish international striker David Villa, who arrived from Valencia for a fee close to 40 million euros.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'