‘I will never give up’ F1 title hopes: Hamilton
Valencia: British Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has told his fans to ignore his own downbeat assessment of his title hopes and get behind him at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
The McLaren driver could only manage a fourth-placed finish at Sunday’s European Grand Prix in Valencia, while Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel continued his perfect start to the season by winning from pole position.
Vettel is now 77 points clear - virtually the equivalent of three race wins - of second placed Mark Webber and Jenson Button in the points’ table.
“To all our supporters, ignore what u read in the papers today. My team will never give up & I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!,” a daily quoted Hamilton, as saying on his Twitter account.
“Bring on silverstone, ur support will make a world of difference to us. I’m going to the factory now to do all I can with our team,” he added.
The 26-year-old had earlier admitted that he cannot win this year’s title as his team has failed to take enough risks to overcome the Red Bull.
“I just want to continue finishing races because Sebastian is pretty much gone. He has pretty much won the championship. Unless he doesn’t finish the next 10 races, which is very, very unlikely, he is gone,” Hamilton had said.
Hamilton had also said that McLaren’s performance had fallen away, claiming that the engineers had ignored him and elected not to take a risk, which could have handed them a significant chunk of lap time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves