IAAF agrees that Semenya keeps title-South Africa
Johannesburg: The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has agreed that South African runner Caster Semenya will keep her 800 metres world title, the country`s sports ministry said.
The department said South Africa`s government, Semenya`s lawyers and the IAAF had reached total agreement that she will retain her gold medal, title and prize money because she has been found "innocent of any wrong".
Agreement was also reached with the IAAF that scientific gender tests conducted on Semenya will be treated as confidential and there will be no public announcement of the results, the sports ministry said.
The IAAF was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family