IAAF agrees that Semenya keeps title-South Africa
Johannesburg: The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has agreed that South African runner Caster Semenya will keep her 800 metres world title, the country`s sports ministry said.
The department said South Africa`s government, Semenya`s lawyers and the IAAF had reached total agreement that she will retain her gold medal, title and prize money because she has been found "innocent of any wrong".
Agreement was also reached with the IAAF that scientific gender tests conducted on Semenya will be treated as confidential and there will be no public announcement of the results, the sports ministry said.
The IAAF was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon