IAF corporal commits suicide in Jodhpur
Jaipur: An Indian Air Force (IAF) corporal Sunday committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in the barracks in Jodhpur air base in Rajasthan, police said.
Corporal Rahul Singh, 24, committed suicide in Jodhpur, over 340 km from here, said a police official.
"He was found hanging from a ceiling fan in the barracks of air force station, Jodhpur, in the afternoon," he said.
Rahul Singh joined the IAF six years ago.
"A court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident and we have assured police of full cooperation," Colonel S.D. Goswami, spokesperson for the defence ministry posted in Jodhpur, told IANS by phone.
On Nov 28, Squadron Leader Anandita Das, 29, a native of West Bengal, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves