IAF corporal commits suicide in Jodhpur
Jaipur: An Indian Air Force (IAF) corporal Sunday committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in the barracks in Jodhpur air base in Rajasthan, police said.
Corporal Rahul Singh, 24, committed suicide in Jodhpur, over 340 km from here, said a police official.
"He was found hanging from a ceiling fan in the barracks of air force station, Jodhpur, in the afternoon," he said.
Rahul Singh joined the IAF six years ago.
"A court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident and we have assured police of full cooperation," Colonel S.D. Goswami, spokesperson for the defence ministry posted in Jodhpur, told IANS by phone.
On Nov 28, Squadron Leader Anandita Das, 29, a native of West Bengal, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video