IAF corporal commits suicide in Jodhpur
Jaipur: An Indian Air Force (IAF) corporal Sunday committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in the barracks in Jodhpur air base in Rajasthan, police said.
Corporal Rahul Singh, 24, committed suicide in Jodhpur, over 340 km from here, said a police official.
"He was found hanging from a ceiling fan in the barracks of air force station, Jodhpur, in the afternoon," he said.
Rahul Singh joined the IAF six years ago.
"A court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident and we have assured police of full cooperation," Colonel S.D. Goswami, spokesperson for the defence ministry posted in Jodhpur, told IANS by phone.
On Nov 28, Squadron Leader Anandita Das, 29, a native of West Bengal, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'