IAF corporal commits suicide in Jodhpur
Jaipur: An Indian Air Force (IAF) corporal Sunday committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in the barracks in Jodhpur air base in Rajasthan, police said.
Corporal Rahul Singh, 24, committed suicide in Jodhpur, over 340 km from here, said a police official.
"He was found hanging from a ceiling fan in the barracks of air force station, Jodhpur, in the afternoon," he said.
Rahul Singh joined the IAF six years ago.
"A court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident and we have assured police of full cooperation," Colonel S.D. Goswami, spokesperson for the defence ministry posted in Jodhpur, told IANS by phone.
On Nov 28, Squadron Leader Anandita Das, 29, a native of West Bengal, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row