India denies report of `secret camps` in TN
Colombo: The Indian High Commission here
denied a report in a Sri Lankan newspaper today that
`terrorists` were being trained at three secret camps in Tamil
Nadu, describing it "entirely erroneous".
The High Commission said in a statement that the report
`Tigers return from India on a destabilisation mission - SL
intelligence` published in `The Island` newspaper today was
"The suggestion contained in the news item regarding the
training of terrorists at three secret camps in Tamil Nadu,
India is entirely erroneous and baseless.
"Relevant agencies of the two countries have ongoing
cooperation and no such information has been brought to the
notice of the Government of India," the release said.
The report said that Sri Lankan state intelligence
services have received information that around 150 terrorists
who underwent a special arms training at three secret camps in
Tamil Nadu have returned to Sri Lanka and are hiding in the
north and east to carry out a destabilisation campaign.
It quoted authorities as saying that information had come
to light on interrogation of three former members of the LTTE
accused of hacking to death a member of the Eelam People`s
Democratic Party (EPDP) last month in the eastern district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015