India denies report of `secret camps` in TN
Colombo: The Indian High Commission here
denied a report in a Sri Lankan newspaper today that
`terrorists` were being trained at three secret camps in Tamil
Nadu, describing it "entirely erroneous".
The High Commission said in a statement that the report
`Tigers return from India on a destabilisation mission - SL
intelligence` published in `The Island` newspaper today was
"The suggestion contained in the news item regarding the
training of terrorists at three secret camps in Tamil Nadu,
India is entirely erroneous and baseless.
"Relevant agencies of the two countries have ongoing
cooperation and no such information has been brought to the
notice of the Government of India," the release said.
The report said that Sri Lankan state intelligence
services have received information that around 150 terrorists
who underwent a special arms training at three secret camps in
Tamil Nadu have returned to Sri Lanka and are hiding in the
north and east to carry out a destabilisation campaign.
It quoted authorities as saying that information had come
to light on interrogation of three former members of the LTTE
accused of hacking to death a member of the Eelam People`s
Democratic Party (EPDP) last month in the eastern district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack