Indian women win three gold in Commonwealth Wrestling
Jalandhar: India continued their impressive performance on the second day of the Commonwealth Wrestling Championship with their women competitors fetching 11 medals including three gold at the PAP Indoor Stadium here on Saturday.
Indian women won three gold, four silver and four bronze with Babita Kumari (51 Kg), Geeta (55 Kg) and Alka Tomar (59 Kg) bagging the yellow metal.
The other four gold medals in the fray were shared between Cameroon and Canada.
Indian women also won the overall team championship gold.
Indian men had yesterday won six gold, four silver and three bronze in Greco-Roman competition.
48 kg: Gold: R Mwambro (CMR); Silver Nirmala Devi (IND); Bronze: Leeuw Brumilda (SA) and Neha Rathi (IND)
51 kg: Gold: Babita Kumari (IND); Silver: Madi Mpho (SA); Bronze: Robertson Donna (SCL) and Ford Diana (CAN)
55 kg: Gold: Geeta (IND); Silver: Nirmala Devi (IND); Bronze: Clason Jayne (SCL) and Bensted Emily (AUS)
59 kg: Gold: Alka Tomar (IND); Silver: Rajni (IND); Bronze: Salmon Louisa (ENG) and Barker Jazmyne (CAN)
63 kg: Gold: Bouchard Justine (CAN); Silver: Anita (IND); Bronze: Navjot Kaur (IND) and Geringer Zumicke (SA)
67 kg: Gold: Buydens Megan (CAN); Silver: Mcmanus Ashlea (SCL); Bronze: Suman Kundu (IND) and Babita (IND)
72 kg: Gold: Ali Annabella Laure (CMR); Silver: Coetzee Sonja (SA); Bronze: Wiebe Erica (CAN) and Anmol (IND).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie