INLD will form government in Haryana on its own: Chautala
Gwalior: Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) on Saturday claimed that it will form the government on its own in Haryana and said BJP, which parted ways with it, will bite the dust in the upcoming assembly polls in the state.
"The BJP will not win a single seat in the Haryana
Assembly elections as it does not have a public base in the
state," INLD chief and former Haryana Chief Minister Chautala
told reporters here.
INLD and BJP had jointly contested the Lok Sabha
elections in May this year but both the parties drew a blank.
Chautala said BJP has crumbled in the state where it has
lost its credibility by breaking promises.
He said BJP had forged an alliance with former Haryana
Chief Minister Bansilal but later it snapped ties.
Asked why INLD was with the NDA and BJP, he said it was
because of its opposition to Congress.
On the humiliating defeat his party faced in the Lok
Sabha elections in Haryana, he said that the issues in the
general elections and state were totally different.
He claimed that people in Haryana were fed up with the
power situation, water crisis and corruption and were waiting
to oust Congress, which went in for early polls hoping to cash
on its performance in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death