JCT loses to East Bengal
Ludhiana: JCT FC Phagwara went down fighting against table-topper East Bengal Kolkata by a solitary goal in the fourth round match in the ongoing 1-football league played at Guru Nanak stadium here today.
Hosts, JCT started the proceedings on a rousing note, making forays into the opponents territory regularly but failed to breach the defence.
The visitors, too played like a well oiled machine and threatened JCT citadel time and again but could not break JCT`s defence line.
In a counter move, UGA Okpara found the target with a powerful header in the 36th minute off a corner kick.
At half time, score was 1-0 in favour of East Bengal.
JCT pressed hard in the second half for the equaliser but success eluded them.
After four matches, East Bengal have earned maximum 12 points to top the tally where as JCT are yet to open their account in the current edition of football league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt