Kalmadi to attend National Games closing ceremony
Jamshedpur: Indian Olympic Association chief Suresh Kalmadi will attend the 34th National Games` closing ceremony in Ranchi on February 26 but uncertainty continues to prevail over whether Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would be present on the occasion.
"We have not yet got confirmed report about the Prime Minister. We are expecting a communique later in the evening," S M Hashmi, Secretary General of 34th National Games Organising Committee, said on Tuesday.
However, Hashmi, who is also the Secretary of Jharkhand Olympic Association, confirmed that the IOA chief will certainly be present during the closing ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP