Kalmadi to attend National Games closing ceremony
Jamshedpur: Indian Olympic Association chief Suresh Kalmadi will attend the 34th National Games` closing ceremony in Ranchi on February 26 but uncertainty continues to prevail over whether Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would be present on the occasion.
"We have not yet got confirmed report about the Prime Minister. We are expecting a communique later in the evening," S M Hashmi, Secretary General of 34th National Games Organising Committee, said on Tuesday.
However, Hashmi, who is also the Secretary of Jharkhand Olympic Association, confirmed that the IOA chief will certainly be present during the closing ceremony.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed