Kalmadi to attend National Games closing ceremony
Jamshedpur: Indian Olympic Association chief Suresh Kalmadi will attend the 34th National Games` closing ceremony in Ranchi on February 26 but uncertainty continues to prevail over whether Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would be present on the occasion.
"We have not yet got confirmed report about the Prime Minister. We are expecting a communique later in the evening," S M Hashmi, Secretary General of 34th National Games Organising Committee, said on Tuesday.
However, Hashmi, who is also the Secretary of Jharkhand Olympic Association, confirmed that the IOA chief will certainly be present during the closing ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report