Kashyap crashes out of Denmark Open Super Series
New Delhi: India`s Parupalli Kashyap went down fighting to Pengyu Du of China 13-21, 17-21 in the men`s singles quarterfinal to crash out of the Denmark Open Super Series badminton championship at Odense on Saturday.
Unseeded Kashyap, who pulled off a major upset, beating third-seed Boonsak Ponsana of Thailand enroute to last-eight stage yesterday, found the world number 26 a tough nut to crack and lost the match in 41 minutes.
World number 38 Kashyap gave a stiff competition to the Chinese and at one point the duo were locked at nine-all, before Pengyu suddenly stormed ahead and pocketed the first game.
In the second game also, Kashyap put up a brave fight and saved as many as four match points.
However, riding on some long rallies and well-controlled net plays, Pengyu clinched the issue and set a semifinal-clash with second-seed Taufiq Hidayat of Indonesia.
Hidayat overcame fifth seed Tago Kenichi of Japan 21-19 21-19 in another quarterfinal encounter.
In the other final-four match, Yun Hu of Hong Kong will play local hope Jan O Jorgensen.
The two other Indians in the singles -- Chetan Anand and Anand Pawar have already crashed out of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe