Ladies Northern India Open Amateur Championship from Nov 3
New Delhi: Thirty one golfers, including 21 juniors, are all set to tee up at the 42nd Ladies Northern India Open Amateur Championship from November 3 to 5 here.
The regional championship will played under the aegis of the Indian Golf Union Ladies Section all over the country.
The Juniors are aged 17 and below. The total number of entries for the Championship, the Junior and Sub-Junior Championship and the Delhi Ladies Golf week is 105 participants.
This year, the event will be contested over 54 holes instead of the traditional 72 holes at the Delhi Golf Club.
The defending champion is 17-year-old Neha Tripathi (from Kolkata), handicap -3, and she will face tough competition from a bunch of youngsters, led by DGC’s Gauri Monga, handicap -1, who swept the boards in 2008 winning championship after championship.
An integral part of the Northern India week over the years has been the Delhi Ladies Golf Week for the higher handicappers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars