Late goals earn Uruguay victory over Angola in Lisbon
Lisbon: World Cup semi-finalists Uruguay produced a disappointing performance and needed late goals from strikers Edinson Cavani and Abel Hernandez to record a 2-0 friendly win over Angola.
Uruguay missed Diego Forlan and strike partner Luis Suarez after they opted out of the squad for personal reasons.
After threatening only rarely against an organised Angolan side, the Latin Americans were indebted to debutant Hernandez.
After coming on as a second-half substitute, he earned the penalty that Cavani coolly slotted in after 84 minutes and six minutes later Hernandez netted with a delightful curling shot that flew into keeper Lama`s net.
Oscar Tabarez, who guided the Uruguyans at the World Cup in South Africa, missed the game as he is in negotiations to renew his contract.
He was replaced for the friendly by under-20s coach Juan Verzeri.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan