Late goals earn Uruguay victory over Angola in Lisbon
Lisbon: World Cup semi-finalists Uruguay produced a disappointing performance and needed late goals from strikers Edinson Cavani and Abel Hernandez to record a 2-0 friendly win over Angola.
Uruguay missed Diego Forlan and strike partner Luis Suarez after they opted out of the squad for personal reasons.
After threatening only rarely against an organised Angolan side, the Latin Americans were indebted to debutant Hernandez.
After coming on as a second-half substitute, he earned the penalty that Cavani coolly slotted in after 84 minutes and six minutes later Hernandez netted with a delightful curling shot that flew into keeper Lama`s net.
Oscar Tabarez, who guided the Uruguyans at the World Cup in South Africa, missed the game as he is in negotiations to renew his contract.
He was replaced for the friendly by under-20s coach Juan Verzeri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery