Li Na, Petra Kvitova to play in Hopman Cup
Perth: French Open champion Li Na and Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova will contest the mixed-teams Hopman Cup tennis event in January as part of the lead-up to the Australian Open.
Li will partner 19-year-old Wu Di for China, while Kvitova will join ninth-ranked Tomas Berdych for the Czech Republic at the Dec. 31-Jan. 7 event.
The fifth-ranked Li, who was also runner-up at this year`s Australian Open, became the first Asian player to win a Grand Slam singles title at Roland Garros.
Former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt, whose world ranking has slipped to No. 165, will link up with No. 30 Jarmila Gajdosova for Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31