Li Na, Petra Kvitova to play in Hopman Cup
Perth: French Open champion Li Na and Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova will contest the mixed-teams Hopman Cup tennis event in January as part of the lead-up to the Australian Open.
Li will partner 19-year-old Wu Di for China, while Kvitova will join ninth-ranked Tomas Berdych for the Czech Republic at the Dec. 31-Jan. 7 event.
The fifth-ranked Li, who was also runner-up at this year`s Australian Open, became the first Asian player to win a Grand Slam singles title at Roland Garros.
Former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt, whose world ranking has slipped to No. 165, will link up with No. 30 Jarmila Gajdosova for Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!