`Lightning` Bolt strikes again; sets 200m WR
Berlin: Jamaican Usain Bolt won the 200 metres gold at the world athletics championships in a world record time of 19.19 seconds on Thursday.
He had already picked up the 100 metres title in Berlin by setting a world record.
Exactly one year after taking gold at the Beijing Games with a record of 19.30, Bolt had an even greater run Thursday. He shaved 0.11 seconds off his previous mark, as he did in setting the record in the 100 on Sunday.
Alonso Edward of Panama was second, a distant 0.62 seconds behind. Wallace Spearmon of the United States took the bronze.
Defending champion Tyson Gay was out with an injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US