`Lightning` Bolt strikes again; sets 200m WR
Berlin: Jamaican Usain Bolt won the 200 metres gold at the world athletics championships in a world record time of 19.19 seconds on Thursday.
He had already picked up the 100 metres title in Berlin by setting a world record.
Exactly one year after taking gold at the Beijing Games with a record of 19.30, Bolt had an even greater run Thursday. He shaved 0.11 seconds off his previous mark, as he did in setting the record in the 100 on Sunday.
Alonso Edward of Panama was second, a distant 0.62 seconds behind. Wallace Spearmon of the United States took the bronze.
Defending champion Tyson Gay was out with an injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical