`Lightning` Bolt strikes again; sets 200m WR
Berlin: Jamaican Usain Bolt won the 200 metres gold at the world athletics championships in a world record time of 19.19 seconds on Thursday.
He had already picked up the 100 metres title in Berlin by setting a world record.
Exactly one year after taking gold at the Beijing Games with a record of 19.30, Bolt had an even greater run Thursday. He shaved 0.11 seconds off his previous mark, as he did in setting the record in the 100 on Sunday.
Alonso Edward of Panama was second, a distant 0.62 seconds behind. Wallace Spearmon of the United States took the bronze.
Defending champion Tyson Gay was out with an injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble