Lleyton Hewitt looks for new tennis coach
Sydney: Australia`s former world number one Lleyton Hewitt is looking for a new coach after splitting with Nathan Healy, reports said on Thursday.
The pair, who played together in doubles tournaments this year, have parted ways after 12 months.
Hewitt`s manager David Drysdale said the split was amicable with Healy wanting to spend more time with his wife and two-year-old daughter.
Drysdale said Hewitt would not be rushing to fill the position with the US Open starting at New York`s Flushing Meadows on Monday.
"We`ll sit down and have a look at it all over the next few months. We probably won`t do anything before the end of the year," Drysdale told The Australian.
Family reasons and young children were also the reasons cited for the split with Darren Cahill in 2001 and then Jason Stoltenberg in 2003, the newspaper said.
"More recently, Tony Roche did not want to spend long periods of time overseas away from this wife, family and grandchildren," it said.
"He called it a day with Hewitt last year, which led to Healy`s appointment in August 2009."
When Roger Rasheed, who coached Hewitt for nearly four years, had a less-than-amicable split with Hewitt in January 2007, it was two weeks before the Australian Open.
"I think both the boys thought that way as well," Drysdale told the newspaper, when asked why Hewitt and Healy did not carry on until the end of the final major of the year.
"But in the end, it was Nathan who made the decision that he no longer wanted to do the job; they thought it might be best just to finish it straight away. So that`s what they`ve done," he said.
Hewitt, who won the US Open in 2001, has received the 32nd and final seeding in this year`s men`s singles draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video