Madhya Pradesh paper leak mastermind held
Bhopal: A man who allegedly leaked a question paper of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Exam Board has been arrested, police said Tuesday.
"Shashi Gurjal, the main accused in the paper leak case, was arrested from Dayoday Express, by which he was travelling, on Bina railway station late Monday," Inspector General of Police (Sagar range) Anvesh Manglam said.
"The police on a tip-off searched the train and arrested the man with two women. Several mobile phones, SIM cards, ATM cards and Rs 250,000 have been recovered from him," he said.
Bhopal police Sunday arrested a dozen people in connection with the leak of a question paper of the Junior Data Entry Operator Exam conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Exam Board (PEB).
The PEB selection test conducted Sunday for posts of Data Entry Operators in the Office of the Commissioner of Land Records, Gwalior Division, was cancelled after it was known that the question paper was leaked. Over 21,000 candidates had appeared for the selection test.
"The question paper seized from the accused on the eve of the examination was exactly similar to the one that was set for the exam," a police officer said.
The gang members, according to the police, had identified aspirants both from within and outside the state. They assured the aspirants that the question paper supplied by them and the PEB would be the same.
"The money was to be paid in stages to the accused. Some amount was to be paid when the paper was delivered and the rest after the examination if all the questions tallied," Additional Superintendent of Police Ruchi Srivastava said.
She said the culprits used to keep the original mark-sheets of the aspirants telling them that if they didn`t pay the rest of the money after the examination, they wouldn`t get the documents back.
"Of the 12 people arrested, 10 were already remanded to police custody for a week while the mastermind Shashi Gurjal is being brought to Bhopal after which he would be produced in court," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP
- Harshvardhan is more hardworking than me which is very surprising, says Anil Kapoor
- Three-year-old boy, rescued from a borewell in Gwalior, declared dead by doctors