Make illegal mining report public: BJP dares Cong
Panaji: BJP on Sunday dared Congress to make
public the Justice M B Shah Commission`s report on illegal
mining in Goa.
BJP`s deputy leader in Lok Sabha, Gopinath Munde, claimed
here today that the report was ready, but ruling Congress
feared its possible impact ahead of the March 3 assembly
"There is no other reason for them to keep the report on
the back burner," said Munde, here to address campaign
Justice Shah Commission has been investigating the multi-
crore illegal mining, involving illegal extraction as well as
evasion of export royalties.
Munde said that the Commission, it was understood, had
already submitted its final report. "Some parts of the report
were aired on a private channel. Union government will have to
either accept or refute what was aired," he said, alleging
that several Congressmen from the state were involved in
illegal mining rackets.
Saying that illegal mining had become a major poll issue,
he said, "Congress cannot escape responding to the allegations
levelled against its leaders in the scam."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley