Maoists blow up police outpost in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels have blown up a police outpost in Orissa`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
A group of Maoists blew up the police outpost in Katingia Friday night, Kandhamal Superintendent of Police Pravin Kumar said. The district headquarters is about 200 km from the state capital.
Though local media reports said some constables were missing after the incident, Kumar denied the reports.
"No policemen are missing. We have already established contact with our personnel there and a combing operation is on to nab the rebels," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`