Maoists blow up police outpost in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels have blown up a police outpost in Orissa`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
A group of Maoists blew up the police outpost in Katingia Friday night, Kandhamal Superintendent of Police Pravin Kumar said. The district headquarters is about 200 km from the state capital.
Though local media reports said some constables were missing after the incident, Kumar denied the reports.
"No policemen are missing. We have already established contact with our personnel there and a combing operation is on to nab the rebels," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police