Maoists blow up police outpost in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels have blown up a police outpost in Orissa`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
A group of Maoists blew up the police outpost in Katingia Friday night, Kandhamal Superintendent of Police Pravin Kumar said. The district headquarters is about 200 km from the state capital.
Though local media reports said some constables were missing after the incident, Kumar denied the reports.
"No policemen are missing. We have already established contact with our personnel there and a combing operation is on to nab the rebels," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video