Maoists blow up police outpost in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoist rebels have blown up a police outpost in Orissa`s Kandhamal district, police said on Saturday.
A group of Maoists blew up the police outpost in Katingia Friday night, Kandhamal Superintendent of Police Pravin Kumar said. The district headquarters is about 200 km from the state capital.
Though local media reports said some constables were missing after the incident, Kumar denied the reports.
"No policemen are missing. We have already established contact with our personnel there and a combing operation is on to nab the rebels," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says