Mary Kom eyes gold medal in London Olympics
Jamshedpur: Having gotten over the disappointment of her National Championship debacle, four-time world women boxing champion M C Mary Kom said she was concentrating on a gold medal in London Olympics.
"A gold medal in London Olympics is my dream," Mary Kom, who was recently honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, told reporters.
Mary Kom said she would concentrate on her training as she needs to put on weight to take part in the 51-kg category in the Olympics.
She takes part in the 46-kg light fly weight category.
"I will try my best to increase weight as Olympics gold has been my dream," she said.
The women boxing will be introduced in the 2012 London Olympics for the first time with new weight categories.
She was temporarily suspended for her unsporting conduct after she lost to Pinky Jangra of Haryana in the 46-kg light flyweight quarter-final round of the 10th senior national women`s boxing championship here on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside