Mary Kom eyes gold medal in London Olympics
Jamshedpur: Having gotten over the disappointment of her National Championship debacle, four-time world women boxing champion M C Mary Kom said she was concentrating on a gold medal in London Olympics.
"A gold medal in London Olympics is my dream," Mary Kom, who was recently honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, told reporters.
Mary Kom said she would concentrate on her training as she needs to put on weight to take part in the 51-kg category in the Olympics.
She takes part in the 46-kg light fly weight category.
"I will try my best to increase weight as Olympics gold has been my dream," she said.
The women boxing will be introduced in the 2012 London Olympics for the first time with new weight categories.
She was temporarily suspended for her unsporting conduct after she lost to Pinky Jangra of Haryana in the 46-kg light flyweight quarter-final round of the 10th senior national women`s boxing championship here on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred