Mary Kom eyes gold medal in London Olympics
Jamshedpur: Having gotten over the disappointment of her National Championship debacle, four-time world women boxing champion M C Mary Kom said she was concentrating on a gold medal in London Olympics.
"A gold medal in London Olympics is my dream," Mary Kom, who was recently honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, told reporters.
Mary Kom said she would concentrate on her training as she needs to put on weight to take part in the 51-kg category in the Olympics.
She takes part in the 46-kg light fly weight category.
"I will try my best to increase weight as Olympics gold has been my dream," she said.
The women boxing will be introduced in the 2012 London Olympics for the first time with new weight categories.
She was temporarily suspended for her unsporting conduct after she lost to Pinky Jangra of Haryana in the 46-kg light flyweight quarter-final round of the 10th senior national women`s boxing championship here on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!