Modi should not meddle in Congress` matters: Gohil
Rajkot: Reacting sharply to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s remark that Congress had no candidate for the Chief Minister`s post, opposition leader in Assembly Shaktisinh Gohil said Modi should not interfere in Congress`s internal affairs.
"Modi should not bother about who would be Congress`s candidate...Congress is not contesting these elections for power. Our aim is to restore Gujarat`s pride," Gohil said here.
Modi had said that Congress had no leader in the state, and it was willing to make Ahmed Patel the Chief Minister.
When asked about Congress leader Narhari Amin`s decision not to take part in the election campaign, Gohil admitted it was a serious issue, but said it would be sorted out soon.
"Congress followed party`s rules in allotting tickets and decided not to give tickets to those who had lost Assembly elections twice," he said. Amin is sulking because he was denied the ticket this time, having lost elections twice in a row.
Gohil also welcomed Keshubhai Patel-led GPP`s decision to withdraw its candidate from Maninagar, where Shweta Bhatt is contesting on Congress ticket against Modi.
As to BJP MP Novjot Singh Sidhu calling Keshubhai "a traitor", Gohil said Siddhu had hurt sentiments of the entire Patel community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?