Monfils beats Ferrer to reach last eight in Paris
Paris: Local favourite Gael Monfils reached the quarter-finals of the French Open with a 6-4 2-6 7-5 1-6 8-6 win over Spanish seventh seed David Ferrer on Monday.
The match was interrupted due to bad light on Sunday with the ninth-seeded Monfils 2-0 down in the fourth set.
He did not give much of a fight when play resumed on court Suzanne Lenglen, dropping the set in less than half an hour before regrouping.
Monfils opened a 5-2 lead in the decider but wasted two match points at 5-3 as Ferrer broke back. Monfils, however, ended the contest on his fourth match point by blazing a forehand passing winner on Ferrer`s serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them