Monfils beats Ferrer to reach last eight in Paris
Paris: Local favourite Gael Monfils reached the quarter-finals of the French Open with a 6-4 2-6 7-5 1-6 8-6 win over Spanish seventh seed David Ferrer on Monday.
The match was interrupted due to bad light on Sunday with the ninth-seeded Monfils 2-0 down in the fourth set.
He did not give much of a fight when play resumed on court Suzanne Lenglen, dropping the set in less than half an hour before regrouping.
Monfils opened a 5-2 lead in the decider but wasted two match points at 5-3 as Ferrer broke back. Monfils, however, ended the contest on his fourth match point by blazing a forehand passing winner on Ferrer`s serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!