‘Mulayam`s cycle will grace circus after polls’
Ballia: Expelled Samajwadi Party MP Amar Singh
on Wednesday took a pot-shot at his former leader Mulayam Singh Yadav
for announcing opening of schools and hospitals in Mayawati`s
parks, saying the BSP chief can make the same promise for
Lohia park set up by him.
Addressing an election meeting, he charged Mulayam with
giving protection to the corrupt and criminals and said that
Yadav`s cycle, SP`s poll symbol, "had two wheels (Mualyam
and Amar Singh) of which one has been removed and with
one wheel left it would only grace a circus after the polls".
"The cycle has also lost its bell and chain," he said,
alleging that both Mulayam and Mayawati have the same mindset
on corruption and scams.
Terming SP chief`s statement on parks set up by Mayawati
as "wrong", the Lok Manch leader later told newspersons,
"Yadav does not have the right to do so .... at the most he
can say that on coming to power he would install a statue of a
great leader besides the already installed statues."
He said that people of the state want an alternative to
Mayawati which the secular parties have failed to provide.
Singh said that he was "sent to jail by the Congress after
helping the UPA on the nuclear deal issue and SP gave him
immense problems after he gave his blood to it for 14 years".
Asserting that he too was to be blamed for the "misdeeds"
of SP as he "remained a mute spectator" to them, Singh said
that had he not been expelled from the SP he would still have
Amar Singh termed SP leader from Azamgarh, Balram Singh
Yadav, as "Babu Singh Kushwaha of the SP", a reference to the
former minister whose name has cropped in the NRHM scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm