Nadal fears he will never take Federer’s place
London: Reigning Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal fears that he will never take Roger Federer’s place as the most successful player in the history of men’s tennis.
Nadal will take his total of Grand Slam titles to 11 on Sunday if he beats Novak Djokovic and retains his Centre Court crown, still five behind Swiss star Federer’s record for winning the game’s major prizes.
Nadal said: “The career of Roger is probably impossible to repeat – and I believe the number he has is not going to stop where it is. He will have more chances to win more.”
“It’s going to be strange if within three or four years one player wins more than him, and he’s the best ever. Probably that’s not gonna happen,” a newspaper quoted him, as saying
Nadal will start as bookies’ favourite even though Djokovic has just taken over from him as world No.1 and has beaten him in four finals already this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race