Nadal fears he will never take Federer’s place
London: Reigning Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal fears that he will never take Roger Federer’s place as the most successful player in the history of men’s tennis.
Nadal will take his total of Grand Slam titles to 11 on Sunday if he beats Novak Djokovic and retains his Centre Court crown, still five behind Swiss star Federer’s record for winning the game’s major prizes.
Nadal said: “The career of Roger is probably impossible to repeat – and I believe the number he has is not going to stop where it is. He will have more chances to win more.”
“It’s going to be strange if within three or four years one player wins more than him, and he’s the best ever. Probably that’s not gonna happen,” a newspaper quoted him, as saying
Nadal will start as bookies’ favourite even though Djokovic has just taken over from him as world No.1 and has beaten him in four finals already this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery