Nadal fears he will never take Federer’s place
London: Reigning Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal fears that he will never take Roger Federer’s place as the most successful player in the history of men’s tennis.
Nadal will take his total of Grand Slam titles to 11 on Sunday if he beats Novak Djokovic and retains his Centre Court crown, still five behind Swiss star Federer’s record for winning the game’s major prizes.
Nadal said: “The career of Roger is probably impossible to repeat – and I believe the number he has is not going to stop where it is. He will have more chances to win more.”
“It’s going to be strange if within three or four years one player wins more than him, and he’s the best ever. Probably that’s not gonna happen,” a newspaper quoted him, as saying
Nadal will start as bookies’ favourite even though Djokovic has just taken over from him as world No.1 and has beaten him in four finals already this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!