Narang wins third title to finish meet on golden n
Pune: Top marksman Gagan Narang signed off
from the Balewadi ranges here today by bagging his third gold
medal in the 50m rifle three position event in the Kumar
Surendra Singh Memorial Shooting Championships.
The Hyderabad ace shot down his hat-trick of rifle crowns
with a total score of 1269 (1172 in the preliminaries followed
up by 97.0 in the finals), edging out silver medallist Chain
Singh of Army who tallied 1251.1 (1154+97.1).
Navy`s experienced shooter Sanjeev Rajput came third with
Air India`s Narang, among the country`s best bets for a
medal at next year`s London Olympics, had earlier captured the
10m air rifle and 50m prone titles.
Vijay Kumar bagged the standard pistol gold with a score
of 577 and also helped the army competitors to claim the team
gold with an overall aggregate of 1690. C K Chaudhary and
Gurpreet Singh were his teammates.
Kumar had won the 10m air pistol team gold earlier with
Om Prakash and Jitu Rai as companions.
Mahaveer Singh of MP (574) won the silver and Omkar Singh
of Navy got the bronze (569) on the concluding day of the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living