Narendra Modi targets Sonia Gandhi, Congress
Rajkot: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday night targeted Congress president Sonia Gandhi, saying she should not come to the state "without doing proper home work".
"Madam Soniaji has no basic knowledge about Gujarat. Therefore, she committed a mistake while speaking at a rally in Rajkot," Modi said, addressing an election rally here.
Referring to Gandhi`s speech made a few days back here, the BJP stalwart said, "Soniaji had criticised Gujarat Government for not allotting additional gas cylinders to consumers. She had claimed the Congress-ruled states were giving three additional (subsidised) gas cylinders above the cap of six cylinders."
"I want to tell Congress leaders - don`t come to Gujarat without doing proper home work because Gujarat is the only state in the country which is providing piped cooking gas. Therefore, there is no need to announce additional gas cylinders," Modi maintained.
He said despite Gandhi`s claim, Congress-ruled states had not given a single additional cylinder. "I challenge Soniaji to announce the name of a single beneficiary."
The Chief Minister termed Congress as a "burden" and "blot" and said the party was involved in several scams.
Modi also opposed FDI in multi-brand retail, saying it will create unemployment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly