National Sprints Meet shifted to NIS Patiala
New Delhi: The National Sprints Meet, which
was earlier scheduled to be held in Mumbai from September 12,
will now be held at Patiala from September 18-19.
Four events -- 100m, 200m, 400m and 4X100m relay races --
each in men`s and women`s sections will feature in the meet,
to be held at the National Institute of Sports, Patiala.
Athletics Federation of India General Secretary Lalit
Bhanot said the meet will be the final selection trial for the
4x100m relays in both men and women for the Asian Athletics
Championships in November in Guangzhou, China.
"All the elite athletes of the country will compete in
this meet and it will serve as selection trials for 4x100m
relays in both men and women`s groups for Asian Athletics
Championships," he said.
The National Throws Meet, earlier scheduled to be held
here from September 10, is also likely to be deferred by some
days or shifted to another city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened