National Sprints Meet shifted to NIS Patiala
New Delhi: The National Sprints Meet, which
was earlier scheduled to be held in Mumbai from September 12,
will now be held at Patiala from September 18-19.
Four events -- 100m, 200m, 400m and 4X100m relay races --
each in men`s and women`s sections will feature in the meet,
to be held at the National Institute of Sports, Patiala.
Athletics Federation of India General Secretary Lalit
Bhanot said the meet will be the final selection trial for the
4x100m relays in both men and women for the Asian Athletics
Championships in November in Guangzhou, China.
"All the elite athletes of the country will compete in
this meet and it will serve as selection trials for 4x100m
relays in both men and women`s groups for Asian Athletics
Championships," he said.
The National Throws Meet, earlier scheduled to be held
here from September 10, is also likely to be deferred by some
days or shifted to another city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA files chargesheet in Bangalore Church Street blast case
- Story of courage! Chennai man risks life to save a woman from being raped
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say