New Galaxy phone to use its quad-core processor: Samsung
Seoul: Samsung Electronics Co said on Thursday it would mass-produce its faster, energy-saving quad-core mobile microprocessor to power the third generation of its flagship Galaxy S smartphone, due to be unveiled next week.
Samsung said it is sampling the chips to major handset makers as it seeks to expand its customer base from Apple Inc to its handset rivals such as Nokia , HTC and Motorola.
The South Korean firm is the world`s top manufacturer of mobile application processors (AP), enjoying booming sales of Apple`s iPhone and iPad as well as its own Galaxy line of smartphones and tablets.
The Exynos 4 Quad, based on British chip designer ARM Holdings` Cortex A9 technology, enables more tasks in a shorter period of time, for example, a task such as streaming video can run on one core while the other cores update applications in the background, connecting to the web and scanning virus-check simultaneously.
Samsung plans to unveil its upgraded Galaxy S III smartphone next week in London, banking on a heavy marketing campaign heading into the summer Olympics in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place