New kit for Indian football team unveiled
New Delhi: Indian footballers will be
sporting brand new jerseys from their next international match
as team sponsors Nike India unveiled its new kit here on Monday.
Present on the occasion were national team skipper
Bhaichung Bhutia, striker Sunil Chhetri and midfielders NP
Pradeep and Mehrajuddin Wadao besides All India Football
Federation (AIFF) general secretary Alberto Colaco.
"For any athletes comfort is the most important thing
when it comes to jerseys. And Nike has been doing an excellent
job as far as players comfort is concerned," Bhutia said.
"Looks wise too, the new kit is right up there," he said.
Designed for increased performance, the kit has been
created from advanced Nike patended technologies viz.`Dri-FIT`
to ensure better sweat management, zero distraction, superior
comfort levels and enhanced performance.
"In a game that`s all about speed, it is essential that
the products help players attain that optimal speed and
precision. Through the new kit, Nike aims to provide that
competitive edge," said Sanjay Gangopadhyay, marketing
director of at Nike India Pvt Ltd.
"Our partnership with Nike has grown over the years.
It has continuously strived to provide the most innovative
products that help our athletes elevate their game," said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!