NHPC`s Q2 net marginally down to 616.6 cr
Mumbai: Hydro-power company NHPC announced
on Saturday a net profit of Rs 616.64 crore in the second quarter
ended September 30, 2009, down 2.63 per cent over the same
period a year ago.
The company had a net profit of Rs 633.31 crore in the
September quarter last fiscal, NHPC said in a filing with the
Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income of the company increased to Rs 1247.44 crore
in the quarter under review from Rs 1038.67 crore during the
same period previous year, it said.
For the six-month period ended September 30, 2009, net
profit rose to Rs 1118.74 crore from Rs 1101.80 crore in the
Total income jumped up to Rs 2361.93 crore in the
six-month period under review from Rs 1895.76 crore during the
same period last fiscal.
The public sector enterprise, formerly known as National
Hydroelectric Power Corporation, is engaged in planning,
development and implementation of an integrated network of
Shares of the company closed at Rs 30.50, down 1.29 per
cent from the previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan