NHPC`s Q2 net marginally down to 616.6 cr
Mumbai: Hydro-power company NHPC announced
on Saturday a net profit of Rs 616.64 crore in the second quarter
ended September 30, 2009, down 2.63 per cent over the same
period a year ago.
The company had a net profit of Rs 633.31 crore in the
September quarter last fiscal, NHPC said in a filing with the
Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income of the company increased to Rs 1247.44 crore
in the quarter under review from Rs 1038.67 crore during the
same period previous year, it said.
For the six-month period ended September 30, 2009, net
profit rose to Rs 1118.74 crore from Rs 1101.80 crore in the
Total income jumped up to Rs 2361.93 crore in the
six-month period under review from Rs 1895.76 crore during the
same period last fiscal.
The public sector enterprise, formerly known as National
Hydroelectric Power Corporation, is engaged in planning,
development and implementation of an integrated network of
Shares of the company closed at Rs 30.50, down 1.29 per
cent from the previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!