NHPC`s Q2 net marginally down to 616.6 cr
Mumbai: Hydro-power company NHPC announced
on Saturday a net profit of Rs 616.64 crore in the second quarter
ended September 30, 2009, down 2.63 per cent over the same
period a year ago.
The company had a net profit of Rs 633.31 crore in the
September quarter last fiscal, NHPC said in a filing with the
Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income of the company increased to Rs 1247.44 crore
in the quarter under review from Rs 1038.67 crore during the
same period previous year, it said.
For the six-month period ended September 30, 2009, net
profit rose to Rs 1118.74 crore from Rs 1101.80 crore in the
Total income jumped up to Rs 2361.93 crore in the
six-month period under review from Rs 1895.76 crore during the
same period last fiscal.
The public sector enterprise, formerly known as National
Hydroelectric Power Corporation, is engaged in planning,
development and implementation of an integrated network of
Shares of the company closed at Rs 30.50, down 1.29 per
cent from the previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack