NHPC`s Q2 net marginally down to 616.6 cr
Mumbai: Hydro-power company NHPC announced
on Saturday a net profit of Rs 616.64 crore in the second quarter
ended September 30, 2009, down 2.63 per cent over the same
period a year ago.
The company had a net profit of Rs 633.31 crore in the
September quarter last fiscal, NHPC said in a filing with the
Bombay Stock Exchange.
Total income of the company increased to Rs 1247.44 crore
in the quarter under review from Rs 1038.67 crore during the
same period previous year, it said.
For the six-month period ended September 30, 2009, net
profit rose to Rs 1118.74 crore from Rs 1101.80 crore in the
Total income jumped up to Rs 2361.93 crore in the
six-month period under review from Rs 1895.76 crore during the
same period last fiscal.
The public sector enterprise, formerly known as National
Hydroelectric Power Corporation, is engaged in planning,
development and implementation of an integrated network of
Shares of the company closed at Rs 30.50, down 1.29 per
cent from the previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal