Nitish Katara case: Vikas, Vishal’s bail pleas dismissed
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed the bail applications of Vikas and Vishal Yadav, accused of killing Nitish Katara in 2002.
A division bench comprising Justice BD Ahmed and Justice PK Bhasin dismissed the bail pleas of Vikas Yadav, son of Uttar Pradesh politician DP Yadav and his cousin Vishal Yadav.
The court also cleared the confusion as to which state is liable to file an appeal in this case and stated that Delhi government will be handling the case from now on.
The bench also issued notice to Delhi Police explaining as to why there has been a significant delay in filing the appeal against the lower court judgement.
Nitish Katara was abducted and murdered by Vikas and Vishal Yadav for having intimate relations with Vikas Yadav`s sister Bharti.
In June last year, Vikas and Vishal Yadav were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state