Nitish Katara case: Vikas, Vishal’s bail pleas dismissed
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed the bail applications of Vikas and Vishal Yadav, accused of killing Nitish Katara in 2002.
A division bench comprising Justice BD Ahmed and Justice PK Bhasin dismissed the bail pleas of Vikas Yadav, son of Uttar Pradesh politician DP Yadav and his cousin Vishal Yadav.
The court also cleared the confusion as to which state is liable to file an appeal in this case and stated that Delhi government will be handling the case from now on.
The bench also issued notice to Delhi Police explaining as to why there has been a significant delay in filing the appeal against the lower court judgement.
Nitish Katara was abducted and murdered by Vikas and Vishal Yadav for having intimate relations with Vikas Yadav`s sister Bharti.
In June last year, Vikas and Vishal Yadav were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why