Nitish Katara case: Vikas, Vishal’s bail pleas dismissed
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed the bail applications of Vikas and Vishal Yadav, accused of killing Nitish Katara in 2002.
A division bench comprising Justice BD Ahmed and Justice PK Bhasin dismissed the bail pleas of Vikas Yadav, son of Uttar Pradesh politician DP Yadav and his cousin Vishal Yadav.
The court also cleared the confusion as to which state is liable to file an appeal in this case and stated that Delhi government will be handling the case from now on.
The bench also issued notice to Delhi Police explaining as to why there has been a significant delay in filing the appeal against the lower court judgement.
Nitish Katara was abducted and murdered by Vikas and Vishal Yadav for having intimate relations with Vikas Yadav`s sister Bharti.
In June last year, Vikas and Vishal Yadav were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India