Nitish Katara case: Vikas, Vishal’s bail pleas dismissed
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed the bail applications of Vikas and Vishal Yadav, accused of killing Nitish Katara in 2002.
A division bench comprising Justice BD Ahmed and Justice PK Bhasin dismissed the bail pleas of Vikas Yadav, son of Uttar Pradesh politician DP Yadav and his cousin Vishal Yadav.
The court also cleared the confusion as to which state is liable to file an appeal in this case and stated that Delhi government will be handling the case from now on.
The bench also issued notice to Delhi Police explaining as to why there has been a significant delay in filing the appeal against the lower court judgement.
Nitish Katara was abducted and murdered by Vikas and Vishal Yadav for having intimate relations with Vikas Yadav`s sister Bharti.
In June last year, Vikas and Vishal Yadav were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know