Nitish Katara case: Vikas, Vishal’s bail pleas dismissed
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed the bail applications of Vikas and Vishal Yadav, accused of killing Nitish Katara in 2002.
A division bench comprising Justice BD Ahmed and Justice PK Bhasin dismissed the bail pleas of Vikas Yadav, son of Uttar Pradesh politician DP Yadav and his cousin Vishal Yadav.
The court also cleared the confusion as to which state is liable to file an appeal in this case and stated that Delhi government will be handling the case from now on.
The bench also issued notice to Delhi Police explaining as to why there has been a significant delay in filing the appeal against the lower court judgement.
Nitish Katara was abducted and murdered by Vikas and Vishal Yadav for having intimate relations with Vikas Yadav`s sister Bharti.
In June last year, Vikas and Vishal Yadav were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!