Nitish talks to Chamling over Bihari students` security
Patna: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling assured his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar of full
protection to Bihari youths studying in Gangtok and other
places in Sikkim.
Chamling`s assurance came when Kumar spoke to Chamling
over phone this evening to enquire the veracity of reports of
alleged attack on some Bihari students by locals at Manipal
Institute of Technology in Sikkim, an official release said.
The release said Chamling informed Kumar that a clash
had indeed occurred between local students and those from
outside but it should not be treated as a clash between local
students versus Bihari students.
The three students who suffered injuries in the clash
were not from Bihar, Chamling said.
Chamling also told Kumar that since the mother institute
was closed, the students from outside Sikkim were being sent
back under protection, the release said.
Kumar said he had asked the state home department`s
principal secretary Afjal Amanullah to remain in constant
touch with the chief secretary and other officials concerned
of Sikkim to ensure that Bihari students return safely.
"The state government is maintaining a close watch on
the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?