Non-tribal can be Jharkhand CM: Marandi
Ranchi: If a non-tribal becomes chief
minister of Jharkhand after the on-going elections, former
Chief Minister, Babulal Marandi has no objection.
"I have no problem. Those who don`t have confidence in
themselves think and indulge in such things," Marandi, a
Congress ally in the elections, told a press conference when
asked whether he had any reservation if a non-tribal would
lead the next government.
Ever since Jharkhand was created on November 15,
2000,all its chief ministers had been tribals---Babulal
Marandi, Arjun Munda, Shibu Soren and Madhu Koda.
Incidentally, of the total 2.75 crore population of
the state, only 26 per cent is tribal. Of 81 assembly seats
non-tribals account for 52 seats.
While the final round poll in the state is slated for
December 18, results will be announced on December 23.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents