Non-tribal can be Jharkhand CM: Marandi
Ranchi: If a non-tribal becomes chief
minister of Jharkhand after the on-going elections, former
Chief Minister, Babulal Marandi has no objection.
"I have no problem. Those who don`t have confidence in
themselves think and indulge in such things," Marandi, a
Congress ally in the elections, told a press conference when
asked whether he had any reservation if a non-tribal would
lead the next government.
Ever since Jharkhand was created on November 15,
2000,all its chief ministers had been tribals---Babulal
Marandi, Arjun Munda, Shibu Soren and Madhu Koda.
Incidentally, of the total 2.75 crore population of
the state, only 26 per cent is tribal. Of 81 assembly seats
non-tribals account for 52 seats.
While the final round poll in the state is slated for
December 18, results will be announced on December 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read